Examples of types of gold one can buy in the USA include:
- Rare US Gold. This would require an experienced collector. Early gold US Eagles are an example.
- Gold Bullion and gold bars, all sizes from 1 gram up to 20 troy ounces from around the world are popular with collectors. Also Gold Nuggets including Australian Nuggets are an excellent buy.
- Gold Coins from around the world to suit any taste, can be purchased in the USA. Examples are:
All are an excellent investment. Ensure you pick a reputable dealer or a mint if possible. Purchasing at Auctions would not be encouraged unless one is an experienced collector.
- U.S. Eagle
- Canadian Maple Leaf
- S.A. Krugerrand
- Australian Kangaroo
- Austrian Philharmonic
- Austrian Corona
- Mexican 50 Peso
Examples of some US coins that are popular and a good investment are:
- $20 Double Eagles
- $10 Eagles
- $5 Half Eagles
- Liberty Half Eagle (1839-1908)
- Indian Head Half Eagle (1908-1929)
- $2.50 Quarter Eagles
- Liberty Head Quarter Eagle (1840-1907)
- Indian Head Quarter Eagle (1908-1929)
"When people become worried about the future, they'll seize upon gold as an anchor." said Brien Lundin, an analyst and editor of the Jefferson, a Louisiana based Gold Newsletter. And this is so true.
Buying gold in the USA is really dead simple. You can by gold in the USA either from your dealer in the shopping centre or conveniently online, as well as from overseas dealers and mints.
Note you cannot purchase directly from the US Mint. US coins can only be purchased from dealers.
Buying gold in the USA is a great hobby for the enthusiast as well as an excellent way of providing for the future.