Golden Wattle Gold Coin
The Golden Wattle Gold Coin is a striking depiction of Australia’s national Flower, the Wattle.
This coin was struck in 24 carat gold to very exacting standards in three types. $150 and $100 face value proof coins and a $100 brilliant uncirculated gold coin. The mintage was severely limited to 1500 for the 150 dollar proof coin, 2500 for the $100 dollar proof coin and just 3000 for the brilliant uncirculated gold coin.
All are one half a troy ounce of 24 carat fine gold.
Each coin came with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity and the Golden Wattle coins were the seventh in a series of nine issues celebrating the beautiful floral state emblems of the Australian States. The series includes:
- 1995 Waratah New South Wales emblem
- 1996 Tasmanian Blue Gum,Tasmania emblem
- 1997 Mangle's Kangaroo Paw, Western Australia emblem
- 1998 Sturt's Desert Pea, South Australia emblem
- 1999 Common Heath, Victoria emblem
- 2000 Cooktown Orchid, Queensland emblem
- 2001 Golden Wattle, Australian floral emblem
- 2002 Sturt's Desert Rose, Northern Territory emblem
- 2002 Royal Bluebell, Australian Capital Territory emblem
The Golden Wattle gold coin was indeed a beautiful coin and would be a treasured possession for any coin collector.